Thursday, January 14, 2016

Mom Noels BBQ Ribs or Swedish Meatball Sauce


This is my family's favourite rib and swedish meatball recipe. Have to ask Mom where it originally came from.

This is finger licking material here. No neat freaks allowed!!!

Mom’s (Barbeque Recipe) 
350 degrees 1 hour (or longer)

Brown:
2 Tbsp Fat (I use Olive oil or grapeseed oil)
2 Tbsp Onion chopped

Add:
11/2 C. Catsup
¼ C. Vinegar
1 C. Water
2 Tbsp Worcestershire
4 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Celery Salt (I have used celery seed)
1 tsp. Dry Mustard
1 tsp Chili Sauce generous (I usually just pour a glob in)
Dash of Tabasco

I usually make the sauce up ahead of time and either leave it on the stove on a low simmer or transfer it into a crock-pot, put it on low and forget about it until you need it in a few hours.






Sprinkle *pre-cooked ribs ( I have always used baby backribs) with more brown sugar and add sauce. Cover in oven. – Take lid off for last ½ hour.






Doesn't hurt to leave these in for longer as long as you have enough sauce, make sure to give them a toss occasionally to distribute sauce.


Jo-anne’s Options.

Ribs:
I sometimes add Chipotles Chili seasoning or Chipotle Tabasco for more of a bite.
Drizzle with honey and or brown sugar before baking. I usually bake for 1 ½ - 2 hours. I like them falling off the bone.



Swedish Meatballs:

Use same sauce and heat precooked meatballs ( I like M&M precooked Italian Meatballs) in it and serve over rice. This was originally a Swedish meatball sauce.

* precook in bowling water seasoned with black pepper corns and bay leaf for 15-20 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment